Courses & Events
Our aim in training and teaching is the development of ministry knowledge and skills for those training for ordination, lay ministers, clergy and parishioners, Anglican and other churches, in keeping with the objects of our trust deed.
Unless otherwise stated, courses run by Theology House are at Level 1, 10 Logistics Drive, Harewood, Christchurch.
(1) Now available for ordering for 2019 is our new eight week Lenten study book, Holy Spirit: Through Lent with 1 Corinthians. Details here. This book can be ordered now by clicking here or phone 03 341 3399. They will be posted out from mid-Febuary 2019.
(2) In 2019 Theology House is offering Diploma of Christian Studies Papers (Formerly Anglican Studies) in Christchurch, at Theology House. Details are here.
(1) We offer a variety of courses which you might like to book in for your ministry unit or archdeaconry: examples include courses on Overview of the Old Testament, Introduction to Worship Leading, Introduction to Leading Intercessions. These can be delivered in two hour sessions at a time to suit, day or evening.
(2) We are prepared to work with you on developing a course of instruction or training to suit your ministry or missional needs. (Exceptions here are in the areas of youth, children, social justice and elderly ministry for which we recommend communication with relevant members of the Diocese of Christchurch’s Diocesan Ministry Team).
(3) For something different, how about exploring ‘not for credit’ free theological courses through Harvard University. An example of a current course, on Paul and Christianity is here. Use that link to explore more about these ‘EDX’ options from around the world.