Position Available: Theology House Administrator
(10-15 hours per week)
Position Title: Theology House Administrator
Job Description: Administering most elements of Theology House so that
– access to resources and
– participation in courses/seminars is straightforward
– accountability for utilisation of grant monies and other income is easily undertaken.
Responsible for: The Administrator is responsible for the smooth running of the administration and financial affairs of Theology House according to the direction of the Director and the Accountant.
– Maintain financial and administrative records to a high degree of accuracy
– Publish the annual report of Theology House and maintain compliance with requirements of Charities Commission
– Assist the Director in co-ordination of courses run by Theology House
– Secretarial Duties to the Board
– General administrative duties
– Oversee maintenance of premises and equipment
– Ensure TH compliance with all Health and Safety matters
Hours: Part-time (10-15 hours per week)
Reports to: Director of Theology House
– Course participants, Library users, people visiting Theology House
– TH Board Chair, Bishop Peter, and TH Board members
– Staff working within the Anglican Centre
CHARACTER and GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Theology House’s Administrator shall be a person who:
– Sympathises with the ethos of Theology House as an Anglican and Ecumenical theological training and resource centre for the Christian public of Canterbury and Westland
– Has experience of administration, organisation, planning and financial administration/accountability
– Skillfully uses computing software for communication, publishing and record-keeping
– Commits to learning to use Xero (accounting package)
– Communicates clearly with staff, enquirers, students and library users
– Keeps confidences
– Works efficiently and effectively, completing assigned tasks on time.
A copy of the position description is available here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 June.
Start date: 8 July (or later by negotiation).
Applications, including a CV should be addressed to the Acting Director of Theology House, The Rev’d Dr Tom Innes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org