Courses & Events
|Mon 27 March||Tue 28 March||Wed 29 March||Thu 30 March||Fri 31 March||Sat 1 April||Sun 2 April|
|Mon 3 April||Tue 4 April||Wed 5 April||Thu 6 April||Fri 7 April||Sat 8 April||Sun 9 April|
|Mon 10 April||Tue 11 April||Wed 12 April||Thu 13 April||Fri 14 April||Sat 15 April||Sun 16 April|
|Mon 17 April||Tue 18 April||Wed 19 April||Thu 20 April||Fri 21 April||Sat 22 April||Sun 23 April|
|Mon 24 April||Tue 25 April||Wed 26 April||Thu 27 April||Fri 28 April||Sat 29 April||Sun 30 April|
Our aim in training and teaching is the development of ministry knowledge and skills for those training for ordination, lay ministers, clergy and parishioners, Anglican and other churches, in keeping with the objects of our trust deed.
Unless otherwise stated, courses run by Theology House are at Level 1, 10 Logistics Drive, Harewood, Christchurch.
(1) Now available for 2017 is our new six week Lenten study book, Risk: Through Lent with Acts. Details here. This book can be ordered now from firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 341 3399 and will be posted from mid-January 2017.
(2) In 2017 Theology House is offering Diploma of Christian Studies Papers (Formerly Anglican Studies) in Christchurch, at Theology House in 2017. Details are here.
(3) In 2014 we wrote and delivered a great course entitled Living in the Way of Jesus: Being a Disciple, Understanding Discipleship. This is a six part interactive and participatory course which can be delivered either over six weeks, one evening per week, or over a Friday night and Saturday. More details here. We are happy to deliver this again in 2017 for any parish that is interested. Please email: email@example.com or phone: 03 341 3399.
(4) Introduction to Worship Leading: this 2017 course is suitable for any leader of any kind of worship service in Anglican (and other contexts). It teaches both principles of worship service leading and practice of worship service leading in Anglican contexts (with, without a prayer book).
Term 1 7.30 pm to 9.15 pm Tuesdays 7, 14, 21 March inclusive.
(5) Introduction to Preaching: This popular 6-7 week course will be offered again at Theology House in 2017.
Term 2 7.30 pm to 9.15 pm, Wednesdays 3, 10, 24, 31 May and 7, 14 June inclusive.
Tutors: Stephanie Robson, Nick Mountfort, Peter Carrell
As part of the course that each student will be expected to prepare and deliver a brief sermon (10 mins max). There is no class on the week of 17 May in order to assist in preparation for the sermon. Sermons will be delivered on 7th and 14th June.
Registrations close at 5 pm 1st May; the course is limited to eight people so early registration is advised.
(6) Introduction to Te Reo: For any interested persons including lay and ordained worship leaders, this popular course will be offered again in Term 3 2017. As at December 2016 we are looking at the following provisional dates for the course nights, Tuesdays:
Term 3 7.00 pm to 9.15 pm Tuesdays 8, 15, 22, 29 August and 5, 12 September.
Tutors: Marjorie Smart and Rawinia Douglas with Peter Carrell as Co-ordinator of the course
South Canterbury and Mid Canterbury
We are planning further courses in South Canterbury and Mid Canterbury in 2017 in consultation with local leaders. Contact: Peter Carrell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0274 772 975.
(1) We offer a variety of courses which you might like to book in for your ministry unit or archdeaconry: examples include courses on Overview of the Old Testament, Introduction to Worship Leading, Introduction to Leading Intercessions. These can be delivered in two hour sessions at a time to suit, day or evening.
(2) We are prepared to work with you on developing a course of instruction or training to suit your ministry or missional needs. (Exceptions here are in the areas of youth, children, social justice and elderly ministry for which we recommend communication with relevant members of the Diocese of Christchurch’s Diocesan Ministry Team).
(3) For something different, how about exploring ‘not for credit’ free theological courses through Harvard University. An example of a current course, on Paul and Christianity is here. Use that link to explore more about these ‘EDX’ options from around the world.