Position available: Director of Theology House (0.5 FTE)
Theology House is a trust-based theological resource centre, offering library, course, and conference support for theological education for all Christians in the geographical area of the Diocese of Christchurch. It is “Anglican and Ecumenical.”
The Board of Theology House seeks a new 0.5 FTE Director to replace Peter Carrell when he becomes the Bishop of Christchurch in February 2019.
This challenging position in the Diocese of Christchurch has responsibilities as theological educator and publisher (assisted by two part-time staff: an administrator, and a librarian) and reports to the Theology House Board of Trustees which includes the Anglican Bishop of Christchurch as Warden.
The successful candidate will:
• preferably have doctorate-level qualifications in theology or other discipline (with evidence of sound theological training) – but applications from candidates with a masters in theology or who are enrolled in doctoral studies in theology will be considered
• show evidence of skill in delivery of tertiary level education
• be in good standing with the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia
• preferably be ordained, although an appropriately skilled layperson will be considered
• have experience in preparing funding applications for education and theology
• be committed to the constitution and canons of the three-tikanga Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia
In addition, the position will be best suited to someone who can demonstrate:
• experience in planning, delivering, and evaluating effective tertiary-level education courses for a range of clergy and lay people across a wide theological spectrum
• initiative in developing a programme of broadly based public lectures and workshops for people in the church and beyond
• the ability to communicate and network effectively within the Diocese, throughout the wider church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Pasefika
• commitment to their own spiritual and educational development
The premises for Theology House office, library and teaching space are currently within the Anglican Centre of the Diocese of Christchurch, Harewood, Christchurch.
A copy of the position description is available here.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 2 December 2018.
Applications, including a comprehensive CV, should be addressed to the Chair of the Board of Theology House, c/- The Administrator, email@example.com
For any further information about the position or Theology House please contact the current Director:
The Ven. Dr Peter Carrell
Telephone: +64 3 341 3399
Note well: previously this position was twinned with the position of Director of Education in the Diocese of Christchurch (0.5 FTE). These two positions have been uncoupled and a 0.8 to 1.0 FTE Ministry Educator position for the Diocese of Christchurch is being advertised at the same time as the position above.